Updated as of 2/16/2018.
- Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. We will never share your personal information with any third party, but because we may gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand our policy and the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
- The private information you provide on the Website will be used only for its intended purpose.
- By using the Website, you consent to the data practices described hereinafter.
- As a general rule, the Company does not collect personal information about you when you visit the Website, unless you choose to provide such information to us. Submitting personal information through the Website is voluntary. By doing so, you are giving the Company your permission to use the information for the stated purpose.
- If you choose to provide us with personal information on the Website, through methods such as inputting the IP Address or Host Name, Port Number and/or the Protocol, we may use that information to help us provide you with information (collectively referred to as (“the Information”)).
- We may also use the personal information to respond to any of your message(s) and/or feedback(s). The information we may receive from you varies based on what you do when visiting the Website.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- By using the Website and its functions, you may provide basic information such as including but not limited to IP Address or Host Name, Port Number and/or personal contact information which allows us to send information, provide updates and/or process the type of Information you so desire.
- The Company encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from the Company so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information (“Third Party Website”). The Company is not responsible for the privacy statements or other contents on the Third Party Website outside of the Company’s website.
THE NATURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Personal information we collect which you may provide to us includes, inter alia:-
- 'Identifying information’ (i.e. name, date and place of birth, gender, age);
- ‘Contact information’ (i.e. home / office address, home / mobile / office phone numbers);
- ‘Other information’ (i.e. IP Address, Host Name and Port Number(s).
- As a general rule, you have the right not to provide the foregoing information when dealing with the Company and/or when we provide the Information to you. However, we may not be able to provide the Information to you in absence of the information specified in Clause 10.3.
AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED INFORMATION
- We collect and temporarily store certain information about your visit for use in site management and security purposes only. We collect and analyse this information because it helps us to better design the Website to suit your needs. We may also automatically collect information about the web content you view in the event of a known security or virus threat.
- The information includes, inter alia :-
- The internet domain name from which you access our website (for example, “xcompany.com” if you use a private internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from an educational domain);
- The internet protocol (“IP”) address (a unique number for each computer connected to the internet) from which you access our Website;
- The type of browser used to access our Website;
- The operating system used to access our Website;
- The date and time you access our Website;
- The Universal Resource Locators (“URLs”) or address of the pages you visit;
- Your username, if it was used to log in to the Website; and
- If you visited this Website from another website, the URL of the forwarding site.
INFORMATION COLLECTED FOR TRACKING AND CUSTOMIZATION (COOKIES)
- A ‘cookie’ is a small file that a website transfers to your computer to allow it to remember specific information about your session while you are connected. Your computer will only share the information in the cookie with the website that provided it, and no other website can request it. There are two types of cookies:
- ‘Session’: Session cookies last only as long as your web browser is open. Once you close your browser, the cookie is deleted. Websites may use session cookies for technical purposes such as to enable better navigation through the site, or to allow you to customize your preferences for interacting with the site.
- ‘Persistent’: Persistent cookies are saved on a user’s hard drive in order to determine which users are new to the site or are returning.
- A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
- Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
- Cookies can be used by web servers to identify and track users as they navigate different pages on a Website and identify users returning to a Website.
- The Company use both session and persistent cookies on the Website
- The names of the cookies that we use on the Website, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below:
- The Company uses [Insert cookie name*] to (i) recognise a computer when a user visits our Website, (ii) track users as they navigate the Website, (iii) enable the use of a shopping cart on the Website, (iv) improve the Website's usability, (v) administer the Website.
- We use [Google Analytics*] to analyse the use of the Website.
- Our analytics service provider generates statistical and other information about Website use by means of cookies.
- The information generated relating to our Website is used to create reports about the use of our Website.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
- Our Website also uses third party cookies.
- [We publish Google AdSense interest-based advertisements on our Website. These are tailored by Google to reflect your interests. To determine your interests, Google will track your behaviour on our Website and on other Websites across the web using the DoubleClick cookie.*]
- [We publish Google AdSense advertisements on our Website. To determine your interests, Google will track your behaviour on our Website and on other Websites across the web using the DoubleClick cookie. This behaviour tracking allows Google to tailor the advertisements you see on other Websites to reflect your interests (we do not publish interest-based advertisements on this Website).*]
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies; for example:
- (a) in Internet Explorer (version 11) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy" and then "Advanced";
- (b) in Firefox (version 47) you can block all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options", "Privacy", selecting "Use custom settings for history" from the drop-down menu, and un-ticking "Accept cookies from sites"; and
- (c) in Chrome (version 52), you can block all cookies by accessing the "Customize and control" menu, and clicking "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Content settings", and then selecting "Block sites from setting any data" under the "Cookies" heading.
- Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many Websites.
- If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our Website.
- You can delete cookies already stored on your computer; for example:
- (a) in Internet Explorer (version 11), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11);
- (b) in Firefox (version 47), you can delete cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options" and "Privacy", then selecting "Use custom settings for history" from the drop-down menu, clicking "Show Cookies", and then clicking "Remove All Cookies"; and
- (c) in Chrome (version 52), you can delete all cookies by accessing the "Customise and control" menu, and clicking "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Clear browsing data", and then selecting "Cookies and other site and plug-in data" before clicking "Clear browsing data".
- Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many Websites.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Personal information submitted to us through our website may be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
- We may use your personal information to:
- administer our website and business;
- personalize our website for you;
- send you non-marketing commercial communications;
- send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- send you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
- keep our website secure and prevent fraud; and
- verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website (including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service).
- If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
- Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on our website, and can be adjusted using privacy controls on the website.
- We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party's direct marketing.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Compliance with legal requirements for the enforcement of law, regulations, court orders, subpoena, warrant during the course of a legal proceedings or otherwise may render our need to disclose personal information.
- Personal information may also be used to protect and safeguard the copyright, trademarks, legal rights, intellectual property rights or safety of the Company.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The Company secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
CHILDREN UNDER THIRTEEN
- The Company does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this Website.
OPT-OUT & UNSUBSCRIBE
- The Company respects your privacy and gives you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving information in respect of the Information by contacting us at [Insert email*].
- The Company welcomes your questions or comments regarding the foregoing Terms.
- Please find us at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.